Leland Kriegh's Blog

Leland Kriegh's Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 2 Wimba Session

The Wimba session did not present very much new information; however, the information was very valuable and the discussions helped clarify a very muddy issue. The session clarified Fair Use in the classroom for me. I used to think that as long as it was for educational purposes, it was Fair Use. The stipulation that that piece of media and only that piece of media was necessary for the lesson was new information for me. I really liked how Joe likened the current situation with copyright laws to the prohibition. The current copyright laws do not work just like prohibition did not work. The laws, through legislative action in the courts, need to catch up.
On a side note, one of the things I miss the most when I miss a Wimba session is the banter and witty comments from my classmates. Michael George's definition of the backward C as "copyleft" made me snicker more than it should have. It just goes to show that I am a nerd up to my knees in copyright issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment